These are the values you can set for the debug level under Site administration > Development > Debugging for Debug message (debug).
You can also query this from the
mdl_config table looking at the key
- 0 = NONE: Do not show any errors or warnings
- 5 = MINIMAL: Show only fatal errors
- 15 = NORMAL: Show errors, warnings and notices
- 30719 = ALL: Show all reasonable PHP debug messages
- 32767 = DEVELOPER: extra Moodle debug messages for developers
Those are values you can set in the database for the
debug entry in
mdl_config if you need to check or change this on the database. Good idea to purge the cache when you do too.
These are defined with PHP error constants in
lib/setuplib.php as follows (note this might change depending on versions):
DEBUG_NONE = 0 DEBUG_MINIMAL = E_ERROR | E_PARSE DEBUG_NORMAL = E_ERROR | E_PARSE | E_WARNING | E_NOTICE DEBUG_ALL = E_ALL & ~E_STRICT DEBUG_DEVELOPER = E_ALL | E_STRICT